Some who read this know me well. Others not at all. I like lists. There, by the time you’re done reading this, you’ll know 11 things about me, because one thing is I like lists. I love watching those shows that they usually show around the end of the year counting down the 10 best and worst ________ of ________. I like grocery lists, to do lists, guest lists, etc. So I decided to make a list of 10 well known and little known facts about yours truly. The point? There isn’t one, except to indulge myself in yet another list.
So here it is. Some will be blatantly obvious even from reading this blog. Others will be deep, dark secrets that no one knows. Intrigued? Hopefully I don’t end up getting arrested after this. 😉
Here we go…
1. I have many important roles in my life, but the one that I take most seriously, the one that means the most to me, is that of being a mother. I love my family, and I love my friends, but I consider the responsibility of being a parent the biggest thing that can happen to a person and I don’t take it for granted, or handle it lightly. I love my son with a fierceness that I never thought possible before I met him, and that grows every day. I know that I am responsible for helping to shape the person that he is and that is very important to me.
2. I love to cook and bake. I love to watch people eat. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to have people get up from my table stuffed and satisfied. When I am feeding people, there is no such thing as preparing too much food.
3. I love musicals. TV and stage. I love music, all music. Musicals though, I have a real soft spot for. We used to go quite often to see musicals and plays in Toronto or other places. We don’t really get to do that very often anymore and I really really miss it.
4. I am a HUGE procrastinator. But more on that later…
5. I’m a bookworm. I have loved reading all my life. Since I was a child I could always be found with my nose in a book. The same is true today.
6. I come across as confident, and I am confident in many of my abilities. I also have a side of me that has very low self esteem, where I’m always waiting for someone to point out what I’ve done wrong. To make fun of me or laugh at me behind my back.
7. I wish I had more time to myself.
8. I’m an accessory freak. Handbags, sunglasses, jewelry, hats, iPhone cases, iPad cases, beach bags, tote bags, lunch bags, travel mugs and water bottles, you name it. I love any and all accessories, and often the accessories that I have on will end up being more expensive than the rest of the outfit.
9. I’m a techie and gadget junkie. Read more about that here.
10. I wish I had been a writer. Or a make up artist. Or a photographer. Maybe a stage actor. Overall, I wish I had a job that exercised my creative muscles more. That made me draw from somewhere different every day. I like what I do, but I always envisioned myself doing something else. Broadway anyone? Well…I’d have to get a few voice lessons first I suppose.
So now you know a bit more about me. Did this add to your existence? Probably not. But I had fun writing it.
Thanks for indulging me.